Sunday, September 30, 2007

san juan river trip



























what a great trip with some of the nicest folks....hope to spend more time with them all soon......thanks Robie and Jerry for the invite......pleasure to meet the wild bunch Carol, Mark (Oops), Jackie, Jim, Jane and Jeff. I have to say we ate and drank like Kings and Queens.....yummm and Carol's cookies for desert every meal except ofcourse the DO cooked cake yummmmm.....I kind of let loose on the tequila night....ouch......Steve and I left the trip 4 days into it at Mexican Hat... the rest continued on for 6 more days.... definately sorry to leave such a great adventure. Steve rowed the last day with Jerry's kind guidance. thanks again to all we are lucky to have joined the adventure.....cheers....

1 comment:

Andrew Campbell said...

D + Steve:

Nice float pictures! I was float that same section of the SJ about ten years ago. I can still clearly remember watching the rising sun hitting the canyon sides and hearing coyotes howl as they woke up in the warmth. And being sad to see The Hat knowing we were putting out. Thanks for the ride-along.

Thanks, too, for the nice words about Momo's nose. He's doing sufficiently well that tomorrow will be our opening day for bird season.

best
A+M+M+J