Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Monsoon rains back in full swing.....YEH....

check this sunflower out Kristina......
I love this view of the peaks from the top switch back on sunset trail....
Gosh how lucky I am to be Married to Steve Garro and ride hand crafted show bikes....
I was stoke yesterday riding look at these trail conditions....all wet and tacky....

check out this sunflower over 9 feet tall. everyday I think it grows 6 pulse inches. it is almost as tall as the shop now.......


rode some AZ trail and Mormon mt trail Monday with Christy.. gosh it is beautiful out there. there were one other set of bike tire tracks that I could tell. we also saw and thanked volunteer forest service folks on horse back cutting out the down trees on the AZ trail by hand....



top of Mormon mt trail.....2 coconinos
view from the rode up moromon mt to the trail
big lush goose berry bushes along the trail at the top.....
Christy left something behind for the trail gods..... Your lip sure bleeds a lot....
she tucked and rolled or something like that but the bike in the end kissed her hard in the face.. mormon mt trail is not Rocky that is why we love it......




last week it dried up for several days, and I & my flowers were dreaming of rain....and yes 2 days ago they started right up again.......This definitely is my favorite time of year in Flagstaff.....the flowers this year in the forest are amazing.....and the trails are oh so sweet.......

1 comment:

Andrew Campbell said...

Glad there was a medical professional on-hand! Take care out there. Looks gorgeous. Hopefully we'll be done with the heat soon.

A+M+M+J