Monday, June 15, 2009

one of the best rides of the year

Cole, Annie and Deanne....Trail off Gimpy's Gully-Mace's revenge
Field of irises

Healthy year for Deer's Ear


Iris

Cole at the top of a steep climb to Hochderffer Hills



Hochderffer trail-It burned here about 6 yrs ago. Amazing not a down tree on the trail...




Looking at Little spring it is tucked back in the corner


Just put your water bottle to the pipe and drink yummy cold spring water


Another shot of little spring. lots of good memories of hanging out with Steve here being exhausted thankful for the cold water....


super steep hike a bike behind little springs to Bismark lake-Cole, Annie and Eric


Bismark Lake


Close to the end of the day-finishing a section of Az trail by snow bowl road.


Did a great loop yesterday...A good old one Steve and I would do. Trails are in best shape ever and lots of work has been done by someone to remove all those down trees.

Start at Freidlein Prairie road-rocky power line climb- Gimpy's Gully-Mace's revenge-hart prairie trails-Hochderffer trails-little spring-Bismark Lake-Az trial-flying fish-Veit Spring-back to rocky power line. Wow and all Clear of trees...My thanks to who ever cleared all those trees on Hart Prairie trails and I couldn't believe it Hochderffer trail....I really wish Steve could of been there with us.....A ride he would of been proud of....We used to ride those trails when they were really tough-down trees and faint primitive single tract....Now I would have to say it is one buffed out trail system...
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Great shots, sorry I missed the whole day.....
~D

Mimbres Man said...

Great stuff Denise.