Tuesday, December 18, 2007

first tracks-Solitude-
















left the chaos of Snow bowl's parking lot as quick as we could. All the chaos I have to say was overwhelming. I stopped down hill skiing about 5 years ago due to bad knees. For me out door enjoyment is all about soaking in my surroundings. the smells, the sounds of nature, peace and solitude. away from the masses. not seeing anyone out on a trail (unless a friend) is always the best days. Deanne and Dave were very generous to let me use their tele gear. first time on skins. I am in no way a tele skier /or will ever be. but the joy of skinning up a steep slope was awesome. the fear of the down hill not knowing how to make a turn I left the skins on. It was Kristina's first time on tele gear and she braved the steep down hill free of skins. Deanne was in her element shredding first tracks in deep powder. beautiful views, first tracks, good friends- great day.......

2 comments:

Andrew Campbell said...

D:
Nice pics! Looks like I can come in mid-Jan as well... will bring my alpine-touring gear so you can try that as well if you want. Then you won't need to worry about trying to learn that funny drop-knee turn!

best
Andrew

Troy said...

looks fun! Fern mtn is on my todo list.