Thursday, March 22, 2007

there is something about RED DIRT/ROCK






what a great.........trip. started off with a great night at the cliff dwellers lodge - excellent food/beer. met 3 nice folks from Tucson talked through our delicious food and beer. woke up in the morning to good weather. headed to Lees Ferry to put our kayak together with camping gear. Wow that is hard work paddling up stream against the mighty colorado river- OUCH...... a couple of times in two different areas we got spit back down stream and had to really look at the river for the possible route we could do. Gosh it was hard work and soooooooo much fun. we then got to 6 mile camp and we were ready to take a rest. steve did great manuvering out of the boat through rocks and up to camp....... it was summer weather just beautiful......I tried fishing for a few hours no luck. then a easy beautiful float down stream back to the car the next day. a successfull first camp/kayaking trip for us. Loved it.......thanks to our good friends for watching our critters/home so we can do these adventures.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Looks like a really good time. I look forward to the day when you, Steve, Jeff and I can go on an adventure!

Cameron Clark | baby business blog said...

Didn't know you guys had a blog. I have enjoyed reading about your adventures.

telluride said...

Hey girl!!!! It's Gretch...love your blog...LOVE your hair..it is so cute...I've always seen it long...missin' Flag like crazy... I think I might put a link to your blog on my own. You should check it out! I'm doing well in Maine in med school, almost done with my second year. I start rotations in NY next year. I'm dating an awesome guy...as Kevin is dating a GREAT gal. Things always work out...

Check me out at www.telluride.wordpress.com

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Love you to you guys smilin'. Remember tonny-tinner-tooo? Miss the old ER days too.

Gretch